What Should You Do With Leftover Or Old Promotional Products?
As your company approaches the end of the year, you might find yourself knee-deep in leftover swag. Maybe there was a minimum order quantity for T-Shirts, or you were trying to be budget-savvy and ordered the maximum amount of pens to get a price break. But now you find yourself needing to do a Marie Kondo clear-out! At Swag Hut, we are passionate about protecting the planet and hate to see any promotional products going to waste. So we've put together a few ideas on how you can repurpose, recycle, donate or upcycle your surplus swag.
Just because you haven’t used your swag as intended, it doesn't mean it can’t be repurposed to promote your brand or grow your audience in other ways
1. Create a social media giveaway and have your followers compete for the swag?
2. Save them for an upcoming trade show or business meeting?
3. Gift them to clients as a thank you for their business
4. Gift them to employees as a recognition of their hard work
5. Give them to your courier drivers as a token of appreciation
Swag is a great way of ensuring your brand is seen and remembered. Why not consider donating surplus swag to those in need? It not only ensures that the swag gets used and is kept out of the landfill, it demonstrates that you are a company that cares and gives back.
1. Donate some branded water bottles to local charities that organise runs or walks? These can then be used as incentives for participants.
2. Fill some old tote bags with socks, gloves, toiletries, etc., and donate them to a local homelessness charity or shelter.
3. Donate some unwanted notebooks, pens or backpacks to local schools for families who may be struggling.
One option that the Swag Hut team is fully behind is recycling. With the amount of plastic that ends up in our oceans, we strongly believe in recycling anything and everything that we can! Just make sure that what you're recycling can actually be recycled. PET is a commonly used material in promotional products that is not recyclable. If you're unsure about whether or not your products can be recycled, get in touch with your local recycling centre for guidance.
If your swag can’t be recycled, fear not, because upcycling is even better for the planet than recycling! Upcycled swag is a great way of reducing waste in your office while also injecting a bit of character into it!
1. Turn old mugs into plant pots that can sit on each employee's desk
2. Use old glassware as pen holders
3. Turn mouse pads into coasters
4. Turn phone cases into luggage tags5. Cold office? Turn old t-shirts and hoodies into blankets
To find out more about how Swag Hut's sustainability mission please visit our Sustainability page